What is a 3 Way Stainless Steel Ball Valve?
3 Way Stainless Steel Ball valve; It is a quarter-turn rotary valve that uses a spherical shaped disc to stop or start flow. It is defined as a mechanical device that directs and modulates the flow of various types of liquids through the opening of a sphere with an opening in the middle of the valve. By turning the handle on the valve, it manually opens/closes the port that controls the pressure from the flow of fluid. Durability and excellent shut-off are features that make the ball valve advantageous over other valve types.
How Does a 3 Way Ball Valve Work?
More complex control systems that use valves that need to regulate flow through a pipe will need an actuator. The actuator controls the valve pneumatically or electrically and ensures that the fluid’s flow is properly positioned to be sensitive to varying pressures and flow levels. Features to consider to determine the appropriate valve will be temperature and pressure, number of ports, valve size, body material type, end connections and configurations.
- Body: AISI304 Stainless Steel
- Sphere: AISI304 Stainless Steel
- Connections: Threaded BSP
- Nominal Diameter: DN15 (1/2”) – DN100 (4”)
- Pressure Values: Max. 63 bar
- Temperature : -10ºC’/+180ºC according to material structure
Scope of Application
- Air, gas and liquid applications
- Drains and vents in liquid, gas and other liquid services
- Steam service
- Food facilities
- Chemical industry
- Paper-pet vs. recycling areas
Advantages and Disadvantages of Ball Valves
- Fast on-off operation
- Low torque tight sealing
- Smaller in size than most other valves
- Conventional Ball valves have poor throttling properties.
- In slurry or other applications, suspended particles can settle, become trapped in body cavities and cause wear, leaks, or valve failure.