What is a Stainless Steel Butterfly Valve?
Stainless steel butterfly valve is a type of valve designed for use in food processing and transportation applications. It is made of stainless steel, a corrosion resistant and sanitary material suitable for use in the food industry.
The butterfly valve consists of a circular disc rotating in a pipe or channel to control the material flow. The disc attaches to a stem operated by a handle or actuator and allows the user to open and close the valve as needed.
Where is the Stainless Steel Butterfly Valve Used?
Stainless steel butterfly valves are commonly used in food processing plants, breweries, wineries and other similar facilities. They are used to control the flow of liquids, gases and other materials and are designed to be easy to clean and maintain.
Besides being made of stainless steel, these valves can have other design elements that make them suitable for use in food processing applications. For example, they may have smooth, crack-free surfaces to prevent the build-up of bacteria and other contaminants, and they may be fitted with gaskets or gaskets that are resistant to food acids and other corrosive substances.
- Gasket: EPDM, Viton, Teflon, Silicone
- Body: AISI 304 / AISI 316
- Disc: AISI 304 / AISI 316
- Connection Type: Welded, Threaded, Clamped
- Pressure Class: PN6 / PN10
Scope of Application
- Heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems
- Water treatment and water distribution systems
- Hot water, cold water, waste water
- Industrial applications
- Food and chemical fluids
- Oil and gas
- Fire extinguishing systems