What is Wafer Type Butterfly Valve?
Butterfly Valves; It performs the on-off operation by rotating discs made of nickel, stainless or different materials (AISI304, AISI316, AL-BR) fixed around a shaft in the center. Butterfly valves perform the function of starting, slowing down or completely blocking the flow of liquid or gas by compressing the disc around the shaft with rubber or plastic gasket. It is the equipment used to stop, regulate or start the flow, which has a flap that can make a quarter turn around its own axis and a sealing gasket.
How Does a Wafer Type Butterfly Valve Work?
Wafer type butterfly valves are valve type with protruding ears that cover the whole body, designed to match the bolt holes on the flange to which it will be connected. It is mounted between two flanges by fixing with bolts, studs and nuts. This makes it impossible to disconnect only one side of the piping system from the valve. In addition to providing manual control, it is also suitable for use by mounting pneumatic actuators and electric actuators.
It is placed between the pipe flanges and the flange bolts surround the valve body. It is easy to install but cannot be used as an isolation valve. In addition to providing manual control, it is also suitable for use by mounting pneumatic actuator and electric actuator.
- Body: GGG-40 Ductile Iron
- Disc: AISI 304 Stainless Steel
- Shaft: AISI 420 Stainless Steel
- Gasket: EPDM
- Max. Operating Temperature: 120 ºC
- Working Pressure: PN16 (DN25 – DN300)
- Paint: Electro Static Powder Coating
- Connection: Wafer Type ISO 7005-1 EN 1092-1
Scope of Application
- Heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems
- Water treatment and distribution systems
- Mining industry
- Shipbuilding and drilling facilities
- Food and chemical enterprises
- Fire extinguishing systems
- Water, sea water, dust, gas, wastewater and air