What is Pneumatic Piston Knife Gate Valve?
A pneumatic piston knife gate valve is a type of valve that uses a gate or wedge-shaped disc to control the flow of fluid through a pipeline. The door is operated by a pneumatic actuator, a device that converts compressed air into mechanical motion. The actuator is connected to the gate via a piston that moves the gate up and down to open and close the valve. Pneumatic actuators are generally preferred over manual actuators because they can be remotely controlled and provide faster and more precise control of the valve.
Where is Pneumatic Piston Knife Gate Valve Used?
Like manual knife gate valves, pneumatic piston knife gate valves are often used in applications where quick shut-off is required or where solids in the liquid are expected. They are widely used in industrial process lines, irrigation systems and sewage treatment plants. Pneumatic blade gate valves are also often used in automatic control systems as they can be easily integrated with other control devices and activated by a control signal from a programmable logic controller (PLC) or other control system.
- Pneumatic Piston: Double Acting / Magnetic
- Body: GGG-40
- Blade: AISI 304, AISI 316
- Seat Ring: EPDM, NBR, Viton, Teflon
- Operating Temperature: -10 ºC / +110 ºC
- Working Pressure: 16 Bar
- Pressure Class: PN16
- Size: DN50 – DN400
- One-way sealing is available and attention should be paid to the installation direction.
- It can be installed between two flanges at the end of a pipeline or using an opposing flange. PN10 flange available.
- The Klepe sealing gasket can be replaced in-line.
- Suitable for actuator mounting thanks to the top flange.
- The EPDM rubber seal seat is built into the housing.
- Models with manual flywheel, pneumatic piston, electric actuator and gearbox are available.
Scope of Application
- Mud liquids
- Waste, hot, cold water
- Plant setup
- Water treatment plants
- Pumping stations
- Seawater applications
- Power plants
- Industrial applications