What is Gear Flow Indicator?
A gear flow indicator is a device that uses gears as part of its operation and is used to measure the flow rate of a fluid in a system. These devices are widely used in the oil and gas industry, as well as in other industries where the flow rate of a liquid needs to be monitored and controlled.
It generally consists of a housing with a set of gears driven by the flow of fluid. As the gears rotate, they generate a signal proportional to the flow rate of the fluid. This signal can be used to control the flow rate, or it can be used to provide information about the flow rate to an operator or control system.
It enables visual control of fluid and flow in pipelines, monitoring of machinery operation and performance, and all machine units display the drip pattern and even the smallest flow rate.
Where is the Gear Flow Indicator Used?
The threaded flow indicator is widely used in a variety of industrial and commercial applications where the flow rate of a liquid needs to be measured and controlled. Some industry and application examples where these devices can be used include:
- It is used to measure the flow rate of liquids such as oil, natural gas and water in pipelines and other process systems in the oil and gas industry.
- It is used in chemical processing plants to measure the flow rate of chemicals and other liquids used in the manufacturing process.
- It can be used in power generation plants to measure the flow rate of liquids such as oil, water and steam in various process systems.
- It can be used to measure the flow rate of liquids such as water, milk and other liquids in processing and manufacturing operations in the food and beverage industry.
- It can be used in the pharmaceutical industry to measure the flow rate of liquids used in the manufacture of drugs and other products.
Overall, gear flow gauges are versatile devices used in many different industries and applications where accurate measurement and control of fluid flow is important.
- Body: GGG25 Cast Iron
- Cover: GGG25 Cast Iron
- Max. Pressure: 16bar
- Sight Glass Disc: Tempered Soda Lime Glass (max. 150 °C) / Optional Borosilicate Glass (max. 300 °C)
- Connection: Threaded