What is Metal Bellows Expansion Joint?
Metal bellows expansion jointis a flexible connector used to absorb thermal expansion or contraction in piping systems, ducts or other mechanical systems. It consists of a series of metal bellows or thin-walled pipes attached to end fittings. Bellows are designed to expand and contract in response to changes in temperature or pressure, allowing movement and flexibility within the system.
Metal bellows expansion jointis widely used in various industries including power generation, chemical processing, petrochemical and pharmaceutical. They are often used in piping systems carrying high temperature or high pressure fluids where the ability to absorb expansion and contraction is critical to maintain the integrity and safety of the system.
- Bellows: Stainless Steel AISI 304
- Connection: Flanged
- Flange: ST37.2 Carbon Steel
- Flange Type: Fixed Flange
- Limit Rods: ST37.2 Carbon Steel
- Liner: Stainless Steel AISI 304
- Max. Operating Pressure: 16 Bar
- Max. Operating Temperature: -80 / +425 °C
- They balance the elongation-shortening state resulting from the temperature change, thereby balancing the lateral and angular movement.
- They absorb water hammer and prevent water hammer.
- It has a flanged rotary type structure, so they are easy to assemble.
- No gasket or packing is required.
- There are two different product options, with liner and without liner.
Scope of Application
- It is used at all dilatation points in building transitions.
- Water systems
- Machinery, pumps and motors
- Exhaust applications
- Gas lines