What is Pneumatic Actuated U-PVC Set Butterfly Valve?
U-PVC (Non-Plasticized Polyvinyl Chloride) kit butterfly valve with pneumatic actuator is a type of butterfly valve that is controlled by pneumatic (air) pressure and is made of a type of plastic called PVC. That is, it has a disc-shaped closing element rotating inside the valve body to open and close the fluid flow from the valve.
In U-PVC set butterfly valves with pneumatic actuation, the disc is connected to a shaft extending outward from the valve body. When air pressure is applied to the stem, it causes the disc to rotate and open and close the valve. U-PVC material is a type of plastic commonly used in the construction of butterfly valves due to its corrosion resistance and relatively low cost.
Where is Pneumatic Actuated U-PVC Butterfly Valve Used?
- It is often used in water treatment plants to control water flow during various treatment stages such as filtration and disinfection.
- U-PVC butterfly valves are resistant to many chemicals, making them a good choice for use in chemical processing plants where corrosive materials are present.
- It is used in the food and beverage industry to control the flow of liquids and gases such as air or steam through pipelines.
- It is used to control air flow through ducts and vents in heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems.
- It is used in agricultural irrigation systems to control the flow of water to fields and crops.
- It is used to control the flow of water through pipes and fittings in plumbing systems.
- It is also used in various other industrial applications such as oil and gas production, pharmaceutical production, and power plants.
The general characteristics of polyethylene are as follows:
- It is solid
- Resistant to acids, bases and solvents
- Dielectric properties are superior
- It is resistant to environmental conditions.