What is Stainless Thermodynamic Trap?
A thermodynamic trap, also known as a heat trap or steam trap, is a device used to remove condensate, steam, or other gases from a system. It is designed to allow the passage of these substances while preventing heat or steam loss from the system. Stainless thermodynamic traps are made of stainless steel and are used in applications where corrosion resistance is important, such as in the food and beverage industry or harsh environments.
It works by using the principles of thermodynamics to separate the condensation or steam in the system from other gases. They work according to the difference in density and heat capacity of the separated substances. While the trap is working, it allows the condensate or steam to pass, while preventing heat or steam loss from the system.
Thermodynamic traps are widely used in a variety of industrial and commercial applications, including steam heating systems, process plants and power plants. They are an important component in these systems as they help maintain the efficiency and effectiveness of the system by removing condensation and steam when needed.
- Model: UKT – 77 D
- Size: 1/2″ – 3/4″ – 1″
- Body: ASTM A743 GrCA40F
- Strainer Disc Seat: 420 Stainless Steel
- Max. Operating Pressure: 40 BAR
- Max. Operating Temperature: 400 °C
- Min. Operating Pressure: 0,3 BAR
- Connection: BSP or NPT thread optional
Advantages of Stainless Thermodynamic Traps
- It can work in all operating ranges without any internal adjustment or modification.
- They are compact, simple, lightweight and have a large condensing capacity for their size.
- It can be used in high pressure and superheated steam and is not affected by water hammer or vibration.
You can watch our video to have more detailed information about steam traps.